23 Апр. 2024 16:03

Новости:

Впечатления от жителей штата Северная Каролина

I need help learning Russian and info on Ukraine

Автор robbyrus, 14 Окт. 2010 11:42

« предыдущая - следующая »

robbyrus

Privet, my name is Robby Russell and i need help learning Russian. I only know a few phrases and i am going to the Ukraine for about a month at the end of January. I will help anyone with there English in exchange for helping me with conversational Russian. Also any info on the Ukraine would be great especially Kharkov! spesibo! poka poka )))

Gelena

What kind of info do you need about Kharkov?

robbyrus

anything honestly. some things that would be nice to see(like: museums, restaurants ect), maybe info about apartments near the universities.can i use american drivers license and drive over there? i also believe all i need is a passport;is this correct? my friends go to the universities there and i would like to maybe go to some of there classes;is this possible. would a month be a good amount of time to visit for the first time or would it need to be longer to help me with Russian. i believe the trip will be about $1500-1700 USD for a month. does that sound right? i just do not want to get over to ukraine an have a miserable time because i am not prepared. also maybe a nice place to buy flowers ))) spesibo!

robbyrus

popkorn

Напиши мне, помогу советами :) Есть пару идей, как тебе помочь!
"Давайте Встретимся" - RussianRTP.com

Gelena

Regarding transport -relax, there is  exsellent subway, taxis also are cheap.  More later.

masher

Цитата: robbyrus от 14 Окт. 2010 11:42
Privet, my name is Robby Russell and i need help learning Russian.

Robby,

check your private messages.

Gelena

15 Окт. 2010 22:09 #7 Последнее редактирование: 15 Окт. 2010 22:13 от Gelena
More about Kharkov: Sumskaya street is nice place to have a walk, has some restaurants. Nearby is big park Shevchenko,  University and Freedom squiare is also in that area. Close to State University in the park Shevchenko you'll find a cozy  Pizza place (Pizzeriya) which we visited frequently when we were students. Nearby is subway entrance,  inside and outside of it (as I remember) you'll find flower shops.
Opera theater is always having performances, it's also at Sumskaya street. 
I'm not sure that you 'll be able to get full class in a month, study system is different.And how would you understand first of all???  Same for the Russian: foreign students learn Russian 1 year before they start real studying  :-k
There is a lot of renting agencies, google them in advance, University area is in high demand.
ATMs are available everywhere,  so prepare your  plastic. 

Gelena

1 more thing: end of Jan is exstremely cold!!! So real boots, hat, gloves,  winter coat.

Ляля

Цитата: robbyrus от 14 Окт. 2010 11:42
I will help anyone with there English
their Engish, LOL. No, thank you.

Цитата: robbyrus от 14 Окт. 2010 22:40
anything honestly. some things that would be nice to see(like: museums, restaurants ect), maybe info about apartments near the universities.can i use american drivers license and drive over there? i also believe all i need is a passport;is this correct? my friends go to the universities there and i would like to maybe go to some of there classes;is this possible. would a month be a good amount of time to visit for the first time or would it need to be longer to help me with Russian. i believe the trip will be about $1500-1700 USD for a month. does that sound right? i just do not want to get over to ukraine an have a miserable time because i am not prepared. also maybe a nice place to buy flowers ))) spesibo!

The best way to find an apartment is to make a Google search using key words "rent a flat in Kharkiv".
You can use your US driver's license in Ukraine without any problem. Still, I would not recommend to drive a car there, you are most likely to get into trouble doing so. The quantity of vehicles on roads and the style of driving of our people is not what you are used to in the US. Find a lodging in the center of the city and you won't need a car.
If you are a US citizen you will need an international passport to enter Ukraine. You may stay up to 90 days without any visa. 
I'm not sure as to where your friends study, and if those Universities will allow strangers on their territory. They are not supposed to even let you enter the building without a student pass.

masher