27 Апр. 2024 01:17

Новости:

Форум снова работает

Ищу друзей своему племяннику

Автор Gali, 25 Март 2009 00:15

« предыдущая - следующая »

Gali

Hello everyone -

I am bringing my 11-year old nephew from Russia to Cary for the whole summer.  I am planning on putting him in various day camps in the area throughout the summer.  The whole idea is to emerge him in the English speaking environment where not only will he enjoy the summer but he will also pick up some English.  His English is very very limited but he is up for this idea and I am up for giving it a try.  He has been to the USA twice before. 

Is there anyone on this forum who has boys of the same age and who'd like to maybe send their boys to the same camp where my nephew will be going? I see two positive things come out of it: your child will be able to practice some Russian while my nephew will have someone who'll understand him as well.  I hope my nephew will adapt to the English speaking environment pretty quickly but it would be nice to have a buddy to go with him.

The camps I am looking at right now include:
- Camp Kanata (YMCA) in Wake Forest - 2 weeks
-Tennis camp in Durham - 2 weeks
- Hockey Camp in Cary - 2 weeks
- (Still looking for a bike camp) - 2 weeks
- (Some other camp) - 2 weeks

I am up for any idea you might have.  If you have had a positive experience with a particular camp and would like to send your child there, I will send my nephew there too.  I am very flexible with dates and the camps.  I have not registered him anywhere yet.  Please, let me know what you think and we'll go from there.

Sorry for English.  Russian is taking forever to type in using vistual keyboard.
Thank you very much for your time and consideration.
Galina. 

olla

Просто дружественное замечание: если хотите, чтобы ребёнок выучил английский, не нужно искать ему русских компаньонов.
Также, если хотите набрать текст латинскими буквами, но чтобы написано было кирилицей, порекомендую сайт translit.ru .
Из своего опыта поддерживаю - лагеря - лучшее, где ребёнок может полностью окунуться в среду.

Leo

Цитата: olla от 30 Март 2009 09:57
Из своего опыта поддерживаю - лагеря - лучшее, где ребёнок может полностью окунуться в среду
, получив заодно великолепный отдых !  :) Наша доча в том году отдыхала в YMCA и осталась жутко довольна ! Увы, у нас не было таких лагерей. Точнее, не было такого хорошего отношения персонала и других детей друг к другу. Хотя, скажем, по числу кружков и их тематике советские лагеря были, несомненно, лучше (в среднем, конечно).